Friday, March 21, 2014

Learning to Keep it Real

A few days ago I about had it with social media... so I went to social media for my rant. Ironic? Of course! but I was over the way people (myself included) portray their life as a highlight real while I sit here most days in my little apartment in pajamas watching the Price is Right and spit-up somewhere on myself.. I could smell it. I just didn't have the energy to find it.

This is what I said...

"maybe I'm just being a grump today but here's my one public rant ever.. are these people that blog and post beautiful professional images of their life for real? for some reason it is really buggy today and I'll get over it in an hour but come on. are peoples lives that perfect and trendy? where are the real life people who don't get out of their pajamas until 4 o clock or have throw-up all over themselves, or can only get 20 seconds of productivity because their kid is chewing on cords or they constantly hit their head repeatedly on the wall (uh yes i really hope this is just a phase and that he is training to be a football player).. it would be nice to see people keep it real more often. am I missing the boat and alone on this? lets keep it real, people! alright I'm done! sorry I never do this"

I know! There is nothing more annoying then dirty laundry getting thrown across Facebook. I gave myself a free pass and Ta-Da a can of worms opened up. Some people thought I was truly upset about my life and being a mom. False-- I LOVE IT! I wouldn't have it any other way then to be able to stay at home with my boy! I know I am so so lucky.  I was surprised to find out how many people agree with me. It was great to see that I wasn't the only one who thought it was a success that I showered before 1 PM. (Which reminds me.. I should shoot for that goal again today). 

Since I opened my can of worms.. I really kept coming back to my thoughts on trying to keep it real. I don't have the fanciest things, I am not a supermodel, I don't even brush my hair (for real I don't own a brush or a comb) but I am a new mom trying to figure out how to take care of this amazing little guy who stole my heart. Just like all you mamas with little ones that stole yours. I don't need the extra pressures from popular blogs that I need to do a picture perfect party, wear a size 2 and have blown out hair all without getting thrown up on. This is going to be a place I can post real things that happen to real moms or dads. 

My life is not fabulous and that is fine by me! And I am not trying to make a statement that trendy things can never be fun, or I never get dressed up and put makeup on. No way. I love actually getting dressed in real clothes and going out of the house when my hair isn't still wet. That's all apart of real life too! I guess in the end this is for me to challenge myself to not get caught up in the glitz and glam of everything and talk about how I might have stayed in my PJs for 2 days straight once or twice or have piles of laundry to do but I end up pushing it off because the dryer is right next to Bo's room and those naps are precious to me!--I mean him. 

I love my job and life and wouldn't change it 


Come on.. look at how awesome that Lettuce Head is and that man holding him is pretty dang fine 


Life is awesome with little ones.. not convenient but we mamas make it work! 


And I wouldn't have it any other way..



Just trying to keep it real one nap at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Hell yes sister. (do you swear all the time now as a mom? I do. haha. I had to hold it in at the relief society birthday party last night....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I couldn't agree more with you. I know that I feel more inspired and connected with moms that share the "real" everyday life happenings.

    ReplyDelete